Moore Hall is one of ECSU’s oldest buildings and is listed on the National Historic Register. Originally constructed in 1922, it has been used for a variety of campus activities throughout its nearly 100-year history and includes a 380 fixed-seat auditorium. The G.R. Little Library was originally constructed in 1966 and was last renovated in 1988. The renovation of both buildings involved significant updates to both architectural finishes and MEP infrastructure.
Brite’s scope of work covered electrical and fire alarm systems. As demolition activities began on both buildings, many latent quality issues were uncovered. Literally, hundreds of conditions that did not meet NEC requirements, State of North Carolina facility standards, and basic industry practices. As part of the renovation process, Brite’s team spent thousands of hours identifying and correcting these deficiencies to bring both buildings up to current code and quality standards.