Brite delivered this PPEA contract via Design-Assist method. Our construction activities included complete electrical and fire alarm construction as well as telecommunications and security systems infrastructure for both building construction and site development. Brite’s crews installed approximately 900,000 linear feet of conduit and wire – an amazing feat of coordination that required tens of thousands of man hours to complete!
Located less than a mile from the Atlantic Ocean, the new 285,000 square foot facility features:
- 117,000 square feet of multi-purpose, column-free flexible space built to accommodate 12 basketball courts convertible to 24 volleyball courts -or- 195,000 square feet of programmable space to accommodate a variety of events using court space along with the ability to lay the track flat
- 200 meter, state-of-the-art indoor hydraulically banked track
- Field event features including dual jumping pits, dual pole vault pits
- Dedicated track warm-up lanes with private athlete restrooms
- Seating for 5,000 track spectators
- Two skybox meeting rooms overlooking track and one skybox meeting room overlooking courts
- Convertible restrooms with special doping control rooms
- Dedicated officials locker rooms with private entrance
- Outdoor courtyard event and staging space for festivals, ceremonies, or live entertainment
Notable project elements included: 6,000-amp 6-section switchboard, 1,600-amp distribution switchboard, 125-foot candle sports lighting in track venue to support NCAA broadcasting, 75-foot candle sports lighting in courts facility, rower and control wiring for (24) basketball goals , (24) basketball rim height adjusters, (24) volleyball court nets, (17) divider curtains, (24) shot clocks, (24) scoreboards, cutting-edge, facility-wide, wireless Hubbell Lighting control system, (2) large commercial kitchens, extensive site development, including (105) site lighting poles and lighted bollards, (2) lighted fountain aerators, voice evacuation fire alarm system, building-wide bi-directional amplifier system.